top of page
BMWS Original Logo - US Icon TR.png


In certain circumstances, the U.S. government may grant temporary relief to foreign-born persons who are in the United States. Two common types of the temporary relief are Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) and Temporary Protected Status (TPS) programs.


The eligibility for these programs depends on a number of factors. Please schedule a consultation to determine if TPS or DACA might be suitable for your situation.



Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) was first authorized in 2012 to allow individuals who came to the United States as young children to be granted relief from deportation or removal. The initial DACA was granted for 2 years with an option to renew. On Sep. 5, 2017, USCIS announced that it would no longer process new applications for DACA and would cease allowing renewals; however, on Jan 11, 2018 a court ordered USCIS to again allow current or former DACA recipients to renew their DACA status. 


If you are a previous DACA recipient and your DACA has expired or will expire, please contact us to renew your DACA as soon as possible.

DACA recipients are granted Deferred Action for 2 years, and are eligible for work authorization. Recipients with valid employment authorization may request a valid Social Security card and a driver’s license. 


(Temporary Protected Status)

Sometimes, wars or environmental disasters can lead the Department of Homeland Security to grant TPS to citizens of designated countries who are present in the United States. During the designation period, individuals who are eligible for TPS may apply for this benefit which allows them to be protected from removal or deportation from the United States.

TPS recipients are permitted to remain in the United States, and are eligible for work authorization. They may also be granted travel authorization. Some individuals who are in TPS status may be eligible for permanent residence (“green card”).

Contact us to find out if your country is currently designated for TPS and if you are eligible.

bottom of page